That girl's ticker

baby growth

Friday, April 15, 2011

Guess what...it was negative :-(

This morning I had my pregnancy test and it was negative. It didn't come as a big shock and I was well prepared for a negative result, so I received the news pretty calmly.

For the first time, I decided to do a home pregnancy test before my blood test. I had a lot of work to do this morning and I didn't want to be distracted waiting for the phone to ring. So I did the pregnancy test as soon as I woke up. I was telling myself it would be negative so I was ok when it was.

By the time Dr D, and then the nurse, rang, I'd kind of forgotten about the test with all the work I had to do. I told them both I was expecting a negative result so I was doing fine.

Dr D suggested we go straight into a frozen cycle, which is what we had planned anyway. What I didn't realise is that we can start straight away without waiting a cycle, so that's good news at least. Luckily it won't interfere with our trip away at easter since I won't need to do my first blood test until after easter. But it might run into our trip to Melbourne in early May to see the family. But that's not so much of an issue. I can change our flights or have my blood tests down there if I need to.

Anyway, we are now one step closer to reaching the end of this IVF journey. Its good that it might happen sooner rather than later and we don't have to wait out a cycle. I'm feeling pretty good about things right now, mainly because the awful waiting time is finally over. Even though the result is bad, its just nice to be out of that awful cycle. I've still got to endure possibly two more two week waits but that's not many and I can see daylight at the end of the tunnel. And who knows, maybe there will be a baby at the end of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for several months now and found your descriptions very helpful with my first steps, such as the Lucrin injections etc. In January I had my 1st stimulated cycle - 9 eggs collected, 4 fertilised, 1 transferred, nothing good enough to freeze. This cycle didn't work. On March 31st I had my 2nd egg collection - 7 eggs collected, 6 fertilised and 3 good on day 5. One was transferred, 2 were frozen. On April 18 I had a BFP. On 4th of May a heartbeat. This Tuesday was my second scan - the heartbeat was gone. My doctor sent me for a second US, but no heartbeat. Judging by the state of the embryo it happened just a day or so before. I had my curretage yesterday, and I cannot stop crying. I am just so incredibly sad about the loss of my baby. I am 41 1/2 and this was my first pregnancy ever.
I guess what I am getting at is that I share your disappointment with your 2nd try. But you have a beautiful little girl, and I think that you are very fortunate.

I hope all goes well with your next try.

J.

That girl said...

Thanks for your comments. I really feel for you having a BFP and then losing the baby. I've never been through that and I can't imagine how devastating it would be. And we do have our beautiful girl so we are definitely very fortunate. All I can say is, hang in there. Getting implantation and a heartbeat is a good sign in itself and means things are working. You just need to persevere for the right embryo. Best of luck.