That girl's ticker

baby growth

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hanging in there

There's now only three more sleeps until my pregnancy test. I'm really not coping very well with this TWW. The anger and frustration has come back again and I'm struggling to contain it. Plus it looks as though the eczema on my hands has got infected, so now I'm dealing with the pain of that as well.

I'm just so certain I never want to put myself through another stimulated cycle. LH reckons I will change my mind if our two frozen cycles don't work, but at the moment, wild horses couldn't drag me through another one. I feel like the end is in sight. If we can get our two frozen cycles (assuming both embryos survive the freeze) done before we go away in August to Europe, that will nicely draw a line under my IVF life and we can move on - baby or no baby.

I'm already starting to think about what I want to do with life once we stop doing IVF. Its dominated my life for the nearly all of the last three years. I know that's a lot less time than some people endure it for, and after all, we are one of the lucky ones having our lovely Zoe out of the process. But I'm looking forward to this not being part of life. I can make plans again, get my career back on track and generally move on. I also think it will be better for Zoe to have a Mummy that's not constantly stressed or depressed. It can't be having a good effect on her.

Once more...can't wait for Friday....

1 comment:

Eve said...

you are very brave, after going through so many rounds of ivf, and you are still trying.
I am as nervous as you now as I will be knowing my ivf result next monday, and no symptoms so far...very worried.
Anyway, good luck to you!