That girl's ticker

baby growth

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 29 - ignoring the signs

I know from experience now that there really are no early pregnancy symptoms in the two week wait. The first and second time around I was always imagining that I might be experiencing pregnancy symptoms. But in the cycle where I actually was pregnant, I felt nothing at all for at least 6 weeks.

The other thing is that the side effects of Crinone read like the typical pregnancy symptom list: breast enlargement, urinating at night, cramping and so on. So anything that remotely resembles a pregnancy symptom could just be the Crinone.

The big one though is the presence or absence of spotting. In my first two fresh cycles, spotting started at about Day 8 after transfer and they were both negative. The same thing happened in the frozen cycle that resulted in Zoe, so spotting or not could mean AF is on its way, or it could mean nothing at all. In the one frozen cycle I've done since being pregnant, I had no spotting at all and wasn't pregnant. I think this might be because the days of spotting I used to see before each period has been cured by the pregnancy. It was probably endometriosis and the pregnancy starved it of regular hormone rises and falls, so it disappeared.

So the upshot is that no spotting before Friday could be good news for this cycle, or it could mean nothing at all. Needless to say, I am feeling less that this cycle will be a washout and I think that's because I just feel more positive as time goes on and I get over the almost failure of this stimulated cycle. Can't wait for Friday...

No comments: