That girl's ticker

baby growth

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Over the half way mark

Today we are 6 sleeps down and 5 to go of this post-transfer wait. Its just as hard as ever and I'll be glad when its over.

I'm no more hopeful that this cycle will work than I was last week. I keep thinking that we've transferred 4 other embryos in our first two IVF cycles that looked much nicer than these ones, and they didn't work so why should these two? But at the same time a part of me can't help but think there's a teeny, tiny chance it might work.

I haven't been feeling physically great this weekend either. I've been feeling really tired, and my head cold that's been hanging around for two weeks just won't go away. Plus my eczema on my hands has flared up again with the stress and I can't use any hydrocortisone on it because its unsafe to use in pregnancy. At least when Friday comes and the test is negative, I can start using it again and at least clear up my skin.

And I'm really looking forward to stop using the nasty, messy Crinone. I used it in my first IVF cycle because my oestrogen levels were too high to use Pregnyl and its just as messy this time around. I'm supposed to use it twice a day, approximately 12 hours apart. I'm aiming to do it at 6.45 morning and night, which is about the only logistical way of managing it on work days. The only problem is that I keep forgetting to use it in the evening. I haven't completely forgotten yet but I have taken it about 2 or 3 hours late a few times. I expect it doesn't matter too much, as long as I don't completely miss a dose.

Roll on Friday, I say.

No comments: