That girl's ticker

baby growth

Saturday, April 2, 2011

100% success at Day 3!!

I got the call from the embryologist this morning and she had great news - all 4 of our embryos are still going strong! We've got:

1x 7 cells, 1x 8 cells, 1x 10 cells and one compacting morula. Of those, two are grade 1, and two are grade 2. They should be 8 cells by Day 3 so we are on track.

Its a brilliant result and similar to our first two cycles, where all the embryos that fertilised got to Day 3. So I feel more confident that we will have at least one embryo from this cycle, and maybe even more.

I've been a bit low the last couple of days and I think it might be because of the hormones. My oestrogen levels will be crashing down to earth after being around 13000, so I guess its to be expected. But this news today has made me feel a lot better.

Today I am also starting acupuncture again. I did it after IVF 2 failed and then we went on to have Zoe, so maybe it will work for us again this time. I mainly want to do it to try and stimulate blood flow to my uterus. I need the endometrial lining to repair and thicken before we start another frozen cycle. I still remain skeptical, but it will at least help with relaxation and relieving stress so that's no bad thing.

No comments: