That girl's ticker

baby growth

Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 22 blood test - patience is a virtue

Up early this morning to get to the clinic for my Day 22 blood test. They schedule tests between 7-8.15am. It was really busy - at least 20 or more women waiting for blood tests, ultrasounds and nurse appointments. I had to wait 40 mins until I was called. It is quite weird sitting in the waiting room, no-one talking to each other, looking around at all these other women who are wanting a baby.

After the blood was taken, I had a separate appointment with the nurse to talk about how to inject Lucrin. It seems quite straightforward but I'm sure the first time will be the hardest.

The nurse called right on schedule at 2pm with the results. The purpose of this test is to work out if I've ovulated and am at the correct stage of my cycle to start Lucrin.

The nurse told me that the hormone levels indicated I am just about to ovulate. They had caught me right on the LH surge. I wasn't too surprised and told the nurse I sometimes have long cycles. It was actually good to get confirmation that I am about to ovulate on Day 22. From all the meticulous temperature charts I took earlier in the year, my average ovulation is Day 22, so I guess those charts were right at least some of the time.

Anyway, can't take advantage of this knowledge because husband is interstate for work for the next few days. Let's hope there are some strong sperm lingering in my tubes. As ever, I am still hopeful to the last that we can do this on our own with no medical help.

So now everything is delayed for a while. I have another blood test scheduled for Friday and I need to keep taking Provera and not start Lucrin until ovulation is confirmed.

No comments: