Sunday, September 7, 2008
Relaxation therapy by writing
Hello.
Welcome to the first post on 'My IVF experience' blog. I decided to write this blog for two reasons. One is that I am a freelance writer and I find writing about my personal experiences is a good way to resolve tension and work through stress. IVF by all accounts is a stressful thing to go through, so I hope that by writing down what I am experiencing and feeling, it will help me to get through this IVF thing.
The second reason is that I am an internet junkie. Google is one of my best friends (sad, I know) and, like many people, I use the internet as a major source of all kinds information relating to my life. Therefore, it goes without saying that I've spent many hours on the internet searching for information on trying to conceive, and avidly reading about the experiences of others in the same boat. I expect that there are many other women out there who feel the same and I would love to hear your experiences, thoughts and questions.
Some of the information I've read has been extremely useful, some has been misleading, and some has moved me to tears. I should point out from the outset that in a former life, I worked as a medical scientist. Therefore, I am very keen to know the medical and scientific reasons behind every aspect of trying to conceive and the drugs and processes of IVF treatment. I will be asking my specialist doctor for lots of detail on what is going on during the IVF cycle and will share it on this blog.
That said, I am not averse to less scientifically proven aspects of trying to conceive and am always open to hearing about anything that will help.
Stay tuned for the next post as I get on the starting blocks for my first IVF cycle.
Welcome to the first post on 'My IVF experience' blog. I decided to write this blog for two reasons. One is that I am a freelance writer and I find writing about my personal experiences is a good way to resolve tension and work through stress. IVF by all accounts is a stressful thing to go through, so I hope that by writing down what I am experiencing and feeling, it will help me to get through this IVF thing.
The second reason is that I am an internet junkie. Google is one of my best friends (sad, I know) and, like many people, I use the internet as a major source of all kinds information relating to my life. Therefore, it goes without saying that I've spent many hours on the internet searching for information on trying to conceive, and avidly reading about the experiences of others in the same boat. I expect that there are many other women out there who feel the same and I would love to hear your experiences, thoughts and questions.
Some of the information I've read has been extremely useful, some has been misleading, and some has moved me to tears. I should point out from the outset that in a former life, I worked as a medical scientist. Therefore, I am very keen to know the medical and scientific reasons behind every aspect of trying to conceive and the drugs and processes of IVF treatment. I will be asking my specialist doctor for lots of detail on what is going on during the IVF cycle and will share it on this blog.
That said, I am not averse to less scientifically proven aspects of trying to conceive and am always open to hearing about anything that will help.
Stay tuned for the next post as I get on the starting blocks for my first IVF cycle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment