That girl's ticker

baby growth

Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 7 - sighted my follicles for the first time!

This morning was my Day 7 blood test and first on-cycle ultrasound. Everything is going well so far. They counted 24 follicles - 16 in the right and 8 in the left. Seems my left ovary is dead slow and the right is all power!

Not all the follicles are useful though - they are interested in the ones over 10 mm. So I have:

Right ovary: 10 mm, 11 mm, 15 mm, 16 mm; Left ovary: 11 mm, 3 x 10 mm

E2 level was 3293 IU/l and P4 was 3 (not sure of the units).

So according to my nurse, all is going well. I think the E2 level seems ok - looks like about normal, which is good. The P4 is meant to be low so that's good. Also, my endometrial lining is 7mm and it needs to be 6-12mm before triggering so that's good as well.

I'm getting anxious about the egg pick-up day and whether I need a day off work. I asked the nurse about it and she said 'Well that's the $1 million question, isn't it? We don't know when it will be, just when your body is ready but I can tell you that it won't be before Saturday'. So, still wondering and hoping that the chances are good for a weekend pick-up.

No comments: