Sunday, December 14, 2008
Day 12 stimming - nearly there
Yesterday I had another utrasound and BT. Things are looking very good. Bloods were:
E2 = 6004; P4 = 3.6; LH = 0.6
At the same time last cycle, my E2 was 11222, so much less risk of OHSS this cycle. I was reading the Ovidrel prescribing information this morning (as you do when lying in bed after injecting at 7am and not being able to get back to sleep!!). Apparently having E2 >11000 and about >30 follicles put you at risk of OHSS. I think I had a lucky escape cycle that it wasn't cancelled.
So, the follies are also looking good: Right side: 18mm, 17, 15, 21, 15, 17, 14; Left side: 15, 11, 17, 16, 13, 12.
I was fully expecting to go in for another u/s and BT this morning and trigger tonight but how wrong I was. I'm in again tomorrow morning, which will be 13 days of stimming. That now puts egg collection on Wednesday, assuming I trigger tomorrow night. I really, really hope that is what happens because I've got my post-melanoma operation on Thursday and so I can't also do egg collection on the same day. I can't see any doctor allowing me to have two locals and two lots of sedative on the same day. So, fingers crossed that everything will be ready tomorrow morning.
The best news is the endometrial lining: 9mm. It only ever got to 8mm last cycle, which is the lower end of normal and lining thickness apparently does predict success, so that is good as well.
I can feel my stress levels starting to rise again and I don't know why. Everything is going fine and I really have nothing to worry about. I am using the relaxation exercises the councellor told me about and trying to stay calm but its not working too well.
I had a great acupuncture session yesterday - really relaxing, which was great. I am also planning massages and yoga this week to get me through.
I am really trying to take one day at a time and not think about the end game. It seems to be the best strategy for me but it is hard. We went to the beach today and it was nice to lie in the sand and listen to the waves crashing on the beach - very soothing.
E2 = 6004; P4 = 3.6; LH = 0.6
At the same time last cycle, my E2 was 11222, so much less risk of OHSS this cycle. I was reading the Ovidrel prescribing information this morning (as you do when lying in bed after injecting at 7am and not being able to get back to sleep!!). Apparently having E2 >11000 and about >30 follicles put you at risk of OHSS. I think I had a lucky escape cycle that it wasn't cancelled.
So, the follies are also looking good: Right side: 18mm, 17, 15, 21, 15, 17, 14; Left side: 15, 11, 17, 16, 13, 12.
I was fully expecting to go in for another u/s and BT this morning and trigger tonight but how wrong I was. I'm in again tomorrow morning, which will be 13 days of stimming. That now puts egg collection on Wednesday, assuming I trigger tomorrow night. I really, really hope that is what happens because I've got my post-melanoma operation on Thursday and so I can't also do egg collection on the same day. I can't see any doctor allowing me to have two locals and two lots of sedative on the same day. So, fingers crossed that everything will be ready tomorrow morning.
The best news is the endometrial lining: 9mm. It only ever got to 8mm last cycle, which is the lower end of normal and lining thickness apparently does predict success, so that is good as well.
I can feel my stress levels starting to rise again and I don't know why. Everything is going fine and I really have nothing to worry about. I am using the relaxation exercises the councellor told me about and trying to stay calm but its not working too well.
I had a great acupuncture session yesterday - really relaxing, which was great. I am also planning massages and yoga this week to get me through.
I am really trying to take one day at a time and not think about the end game. It seems to be the best strategy for me but it is hard. We went to the beach today and it was nice to lie in the sand and listen to the waves crashing on the beach - very soothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment