Monday, December 8, 2008
Day 6 FSH - first sight of the follies
This morning I had the fist ultrasound for this cycle. Everything is progressing well. We've got 8 follies on the right side and nine on the left. The sizes are:
Left: 12mm, 10, 9, 9, 8 Right: 13mm, 11, 10, 10, 8, 8 and the endometrial lining is 6mm.
So, comparing to my first cycle, I had 24 follicles total and 8 at 10mm or more. So, less follicles and growing at about the same rate. Hopefully this time the existing ones will keep growing, rather than ending up with 36 follies like I did last time (most of which didn't have mature eggs).
The biggest difference is in my E2 levels - 1842 IU/l compared with 3293 IU/l at the same stage last time, so I hopefully wont' stray into the danger zone of OHSS this time.
My P4 levels are 1 and LH is 1.2.
The nurse instructed me to take an Orgalutran dose as soon as I could. I told her I was at work and it wouldn't happen until I got home. She asked - did I have the syringe with me? Of course I didn't. Why would I - they didn't tell me I might need to take a dose on the spot. Anyway, hopefully the LH won't rise so fast that its an issue. I am also taking another dose tomorrow morning.
The Orgalutran is an antagonist, which means that it directly binds to the gonadotrophin receptor in the pituitary gland to stop LH and FSH production. No mucking about with flaring and then down-regulation of the Lucrin injections. For some reason, it is less effective in blocking the FSH production, which is why you don't need as much Puregon.
It comes as a pre-filled syringe, which always makes life easier, but its 0.5ml, which is quite a lot compared to the Lucrin and Puregon injections. Anyway, I got it all in ok but the needle did hurt a bit going in.
The nurse said we won't have egg pick-up until Saturday at the earliest so it means I won't miss the work christmas party on Friday and also might be a chance that I will get my post-melanoma surgery out of the way before transfer, with any luck.
Left: 12mm, 10, 9, 9, 8 Right: 13mm, 11, 10, 10, 8, 8 and the endometrial lining is 6mm.
So, comparing to my first cycle, I had 24 follicles total and 8 at 10mm or more. So, less follicles and growing at about the same rate. Hopefully this time the existing ones will keep growing, rather than ending up with 36 follies like I did last time (most of which didn't have mature eggs).
The biggest difference is in my E2 levels - 1842 IU/l compared with 3293 IU/l at the same stage last time, so I hopefully wont' stray into the danger zone of OHSS this time.
My P4 levels are 1 and LH is 1.2.
The nurse instructed me to take an Orgalutran dose as soon as I could. I told her I was at work and it wouldn't happen until I got home. She asked - did I have the syringe with me? Of course I didn't. Why would I - they didn't tell me I might need to take a dose on the spot. Anyway, hopefully the LH won't rise so fast that its an issue. I am also taking another dose tomorrow morning.
The Orgalutran is an antagonist, which means that it directly binds to the gonadotrophin receptor in the pituitary gland to stop LH and FSH production. No mucking about with flaring and then down-regulation of the Lucrin injections. For some reason, it is less effective in blocking the FSH production, which is why you don't need as much Puregon.
It comes as a pre-filled syringe, which always makes life easier, but its 0.5ml, which is quite a lot compared to the Lucrin and Puregon injections. Anyway, I got it all in ok but the needle did hurt a bit going in.
The nurse said we won't have egg pick-up until Saturday at the earliest so it means I won't miss the work christmas party on Friday and also might be a chance that I will get my post-melanoma surgery out of the way before transfer, with any luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment