That girl's ticker

baby growth

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

IVF #2 - up, up and away

I had my Day 2 blood test this morning and also collected my Puregon for stimming. My hormone levels were just as they should be - E2 = < 100; P4 = 3; FSH = 4. This last one was the clincher. It needed to be low enough to start the cycle, and it is.

It is also reassuring to finally have the FSH Day 3 (well its actually Day 2 but close enough) and know it is normal. Anything under 10 is apparently indicative of a good ovarian reserve. I already know that from my anthral follicle count ultrasounds but good to have the chemistry in line as well.

So, tomorrow morning I start off on 175 IU of Puregon. I also bought my Orgalutran script this evening. The pharmacist asked if I had private health insurance and I said yes, but didn't know if it is covered. When I went to pay I could see why - pick me up off the floor after handing over $900!!!!!!!!!!!

This was for 10 syringes, which is what the script was for. She asked if I wanted the whole script filled and I said yes, not really knowing if I need 5 or 10 syringes. It turns out that the clinical trials listed in the prescribing info used an average of 5 doses so looks like that was an extremely costly mistake on my part. Still, why did the clinic give me a script for a double lot if I don't need it? I'll just have to deal with that one later. Can you do returns on prescription drugs? I really don't know.

Anyway, I am feeling very, very postive about this cycle. I think it has something to do with the near miss with the melanoma. I feel that the gods are smiling down on me.

I am thinking that egg retrieval may well be on the day of our work christmas party. But I am refusing to get bogged down in scheduling dilemnas at this stage. What will be, will be.

No comments: