That girl's ticker

baby growth

Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 13 - stimming - trigger at last

So, finally we are nearly there. Trigger is at 9pm tonight and egg collection at 9am on Wednesday morning.

Follies are looking very good today - nice and plump, very uniform in size and not too ripe.

Left ovary: 17 total; 20mm, 19, 17, 20, 21, 12, 9
Right ovary: 13 total; 24mm, 20, 23, 20, 18, 21, 22

So I've got 30 follicles altogether, compared to 35 at the end of the last cycle. My E2 levels also still under control at 9833 and P4 is starting to rise at 7.1 Not sure of the significance of the progesterone one - thought it was only produced after ovulation but it must come from somewhere else.

And no more 7am injections - tomorrow I am having a serious sleep in!!

My endometrial lining was 7mm today, which worried me because it was 9mm on Saturday. Surely it can't go backwards?? Anyway, the sonographer said that sometimes there is operator variation. The nurse said it's not an issue. Its been at least 6mm each time, which is their main criteria and the estrogen levels are continuing to rise, which indicates that the endometrium will be receptive to the embryos. I wish it was a bit thicker but I guess it might pile on another mm in the next day or so. Who am I to be worrying about 1mm anyway? I've got 13 lovely looking follicles and my bet is for 13 mature eggs.

So, lovely husband is flying back from Canberra late tomorrow night so he can be around for the sperm collection and egg pick-up and then he flying off again on Thurs morning and then back again Thurs afternoon to tend to me after my leg operation. Poor thing - he will be exhausted.

I let myself get wound up about the lining thickness this morning for no reason and I'm annoyed I let it get to me. I did a relaxation exercise before lunch and went to see my friend for a massage this afternoon and now I'm back on an even keel. I'm really working hard to control my stress levels this time around, and my two mantras, which I chant to myself alternately each day are:

1. Its not over until the pregnancy blood test is negative
2. Don't focus on the end game, just the end of the day

Its hard to do this but its the best advice I can give myself to stay sane.

No comments: