That girl's ticker

baby growth

Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 4 (day 3 of stimming)

I had a problem with my injection this morning. First time it has been an issue. I injected 175IU Puregon and must have pulled the needle out too fast, because a large drop of liquid came out of the injection spot.

I went for my first bloods today and the nurses assured me it would be fine and that it was unlikely I had lost much of the dose. I remain unconvinced because it was such a large drop but in any case, they said they can't double dose me because they have no way of knowing how much I got.

Another first today - I missed the call from the clinic with my blood results. I am usually hanging on the phone waiting for the call but today I was at lunch in a noisy pub and missed it. Just goes to show how much more relaxed I am about this cycle. They left me a message and its pretty straightforward - carry on as usual over the weekend.

Anyway, all is apparently progressing well. E2 is as it should be and I am continuing with 175IU Puregon until first ultrasound and another blood test on Monday. Hopefully those little follicles are doing their thing.

Am feeling a bit down tonight. Lovely husband still hasn't come home and I'm a bit miffed since he's been away all week. It would be nice if he made an effort to get home early when he is actually in Sydney.

Perhaps I am feeling a bit overwhelmed about the near miss with the melanoma. It's been a big week. Tomorrow morning I go to see the dermatologist and probably have some more skin taken off. Really not looking forward to another local anaesthetic in my leg. It hurt like hell last time.

Only one more week of work to go until the christmas break and I can do some serious relaxing.

No comments: