That girl's ticker

baby growth

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Frostie the snowbaby

Well, wonders never cease! This morning I got a call from one of the clinic scientists to say that we've had one blast frozen from this cycle!

I can't quite believe it, since they looked so unpromising on transfer day. I didn't even speak to them about it - they left a voicemail. So sure was I that we would have no frosties this cycle, I hadn't been hanging on the phone line waiting for the call. So we now have 5 frosties.

I am feeling much more positive today. I went to see the councellor yesterday and that always makes me feel better. I just have to assume that those little blasts are burrowing away inside me because it just seems unfair somehow to not give them the benefit of the doubt. Sounds completely crazy, I know but as I discussed with the councellor, positive thinking during the cycle won't make the fallout of a BFN any worse.

Lovely husband is taking things very badly this cycle. For the first time, he has lost his positive outlook and even temperament. He is feeling very low and has already decided that this cycle is over. That's cool with me - we deal with things differently, so if that helps him get through, its no big deal.

As he says, 'I like to think of the worst possible outcome and how I will deal with it, and then everything else seems fine by comparison'. He will become more positive over the next week I think.

Also, we still have the future homelessless thing hanging over us. We can't really do anything about either renting or buying until we get back from our holiday on Jan 2nd, since the real estate industry is pretty much shut down for the break. House-hunting is going to be a wonderful distraction in early January, whether we have a BFN or BFP.

As for the cycle, well I had cramps on transfer day that have now gone away. I am quite bloated, which turns out to be a result of being 'borderline' hyperstimulated. I did still take another dose of Pregnyl but delayed it until today and only took two thirds of the dose (1000 IU). My stomach has also been feeling 'achy' rather than nauseous and that is also a result of the very mild OHSS.

I am now into daily, and sometimes hourly, recitals of my key mantra 'Lots of women have no pregancy symptoms before the BT!!!!!!!' Write 500 lines and don't forget it. I should get it stamped on my arm for good measure.

We are off to the airport soon to fly to Melbourne and then drive to my parent's place tonight. If anyone out there in cyberspace is reading, merry christmas and I will be back in blog land in January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Sending you some "sticky vibes" :)