Thursday, December 18, 2008
IVF #2 - 5 embryos
I just got our fertilisation report from the nurse. I am feeling a bit deflated because we have just 5 embryos growing from our 15 eggs. At least 4 looked like they might be immature so that isn't surprising but our success rate for fertisation was only ~50%.
This is what we've got:
5 fertilised normally
7 fertilised abnormally (6 with 3 pronuclei, 1 with 1 pronuclei)
3 didn't fertilise
We are still going for a 5 day blast transfer so that's good news and I just need to have a Pregnyl shot tomorrow night.
I am trying to stay positive as always. Last cycle all of our embryos went through to Day 5 so I am hoping the same will happen this time. Only one didn't make it to freeze.
As long as one of the 5 is a good quality embryo, that's all we need.
Anyway, I've got other things to think about. I am having my leg surgery tonight and as of 30 minutes ago, I can't eat or drink anything for the next 6 hours. I am already feeling thirsty!! Don't know how I will make it through to this evening.
This is what we've got:
5 fertilised normally
7 fertilised abnormally (6 with 3 pronuclei, 1 with 1 pronuclei)
3 didn't fertilise
We are still going for a 5 day blast transfer so that's good news and I just need to have a Pregnyl shot tomorrow night.
I am trying to stay positive as always. Last cycle all of our embryos went through to Day 5 so I am hoping the same will happen this time. Only one didn't make it to freeze.
As long as one of the 5 is a good quality embryo, that's all we need.
Anyway, I've got other things to think about. I am having my leg surgery tonight and as of 30 minutes ago, I can't eat or drink anything for the next 6 hours. I am already feeling thirsty!! Don't know how I will make it through to this evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment