Thursday, October 1, 2009
A baby dream
Last night (or rather this morning), I had a real baby dream. That is, one where LH and I had a child. This is the first real baby dream I've had while I've been pregnant.
Like all dreams, it was pretty bizzare. In it, I was trying to find a good place to start breast feeding E3. I found this house (!) and had all my baby books ready to learn, but I couldn't find LH or E3. Eventually he turned up with E3, who was a little girl walking around on her own (clearly too old for breast feeding). Then I felt her kick inside me, but I was holding her in my arms (obviously the real thing for the former, and the latter was just a dream!).
Anyway, it makes me wonder if we are in fact having a girl. I've become really obsessed with wondering what the baby's sex is lately, probably because I've got nothing better to do than sit around thinking about it.
Perhaps the dream also shows that I'm quite worried about being able to breast feed. There's no reason I should be worried, other than that everything I've read says that it can be very difficult and is a real skill, or 'practically an art form' as one mother puts it. I also know from friends and relatives that it is not easy.
I also read in one of my baby books that 'anecdotally', some older mothers can have trouble providing enough milk because their reproductive system has started to slow down. And the same can apply to those who used 'scientific' methods to get pregnant. If there's no good scientific evidence for these, I'm just going to ignore it. There's nothing I can do about it anyway.
The only thing I can do is have inherent belief that my body can breast feed and take it from there. (And I hope for LH's sake that we've got a little girl in there :-)
Like all dreams, it was pretty bizzare. In it, I was trying to find a good place to start breast feeding E3. I found this house (!) and had all my baby books ready to learn, but I couldn't find LH or E3. Eventually he turned up with E3, who was a little girl walking around on her own (clearly too old for breast feeding). Then I felt her kick inside me, but I was holding her in my arms (obviously the real thing for the former, and the latter was just a dream!).
Anyway, it makes me wonder if we are in fact having a girl. I've become really obsessed with wondering what the baby's sex is lately, probably because I've got nothing better to do than sit around thinking about it.
Perhaps the dream also shows that I'm quite worried about being able to breast feed. There's no reason I should be worried, other than that everything I've read says that it can be very difficult and is a real skill, or 'practically an art form' as one mother puts it. I also know from friends and relatives that it is not easy.
I also read in one of my baby books that 'anecdotally', some older mothers can have trouble providing enough milk because their reproductive system has started to slow down. And the same can apply to those who used 'scientific' methods to get pregnant. If there's no good scientific evidence for these, I'm just going to ignore it. There's nothing I can do about it anyway.
The only thing I can do is have inherent belief that my body can breast feed and take it from there. (And I hope for LH's sake that we've got a little girl in there :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment