That girl's ticker

baby growth

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

36 weeks and only 2 weeks (max!) to go!!!

Today I'm 36 weeks pregnant and just got back from my appointment with the obstetrician. Blood pressure is still rock steady at 100/70 and fundal height is same as last week at 37cm. Dr I said this is because E3 has dropped a bit since last week so the fundal height is the same. It doesn't indicate she hasn't grown since last week.

The main change was that E3 is now partially engaged. A few weeks ago, Dr I recorded E3's position as 5/5, which I assume meant that all of the foetal head was palpable and not engaged. E3's head is now 1/5 which I assume means there is only 1/5 palpable and so 4/5 engaged???

This is pretty freaky, although doesn't mean E3 will come any time soon.

I asked Dr I when he thinks we should take this baby out, and he said he wants to see another ultrasound, which I've booked for tomorrow. If there is any concern with the vasa previa foetal veins, E3 will come out next week (Eek!) and if it all looks fine, she will come out in two weeks (at 38 weeks).

Although I am completely fed up with sitting on the couch for nearly 9 weeks, I really would prefer to have E3 at 38 weeks to give her the very best chance when she comes out. But we will be guided by the ultrasound results. I am really looking forward to seeing E3 again tomorrow and finding out how she has been getting along since we last looked at 32 weeks.

I'm still feeling fine. The worst time of day for me is when I first go to bed at night. The pressure on my bladder is just really uncomfortable and it stings. I end up going to the loo about 4 times within the first hour. I am assuming E3 is punching around the bladder but it might be the cervix as well. Its hard to tell because they are right next to each other.

Things usually settle down after that and I get a good sleep but it just seems to be so uncomfortable on the bladder at that time. Funny how it feels worse even than sitting or walking around.

Anyway, can't wait for tomorrow to see what the ultrasound will show.

No comments: