That girl's ticker

baby growth

Friday, October 23, 2009

An escape committee...??

E3 is wriggling around like crazy at the moment. He is usually quiet in the mornings but this morning he has been very active indeed!

LH wonders whether E3 is forming an escape committee. As it will be a committee of one, he will be able to make a unilateral decision quite easily. LH wonders whether he has a rock hammer (a la Shawshank Redemption) for the escape attempt.

It certainly feels like it today. I keep gettting stinging pains down around the vagina and bladder. Its hard to tell which, but it feels like E3 is putting pressure on both. I try to get into a different position or lie on my side to shift him into a more comfortable position. I am guessing this will go on until he comes out. Its really uncomfortable though.

Another sign I've had a lot of this week is lots more mucous. This is TMI but it really is like snot and there's lots of it. I've read this can go on for a few weeks and signals the effacement of the cervix. I am assuming its not the mucous plug but the precursor to it.

Hopefully all these signs will go on for a few days yet. My goal is still to reach 37 weeks - only 5 days away now, so hopefully we can get that far.

I really am feeling very excited about E3's arrival now. All the worry of the last 10 weeks has almost gone after the very positive ultrasound yesterday. It really does feel like a weight has lifted. Like LH, I won't completely relax until E3 cries but at least I am relaxed enough to start enjoying the excitement of it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been almost a week without a blog comment. Hope everything is okay.