Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Day 26, 6D post-transfer - half way there
We are now 5.5 days through this 11 day wait for our pregnancy test and I'm starting to feel time dragging.
This morning I thought I could feel a 'period pimple' coming up on my chin but I'm trying to ignore it - its just too crazy to thing about something so insignificant.
In our first three IVF cycles, I started to spot around Day 6 or 7 after the transfer and so we never made it to the 11 day test - it was always earlier. Of course in the last cycle, it turned out to be a BFP so I'm not too worried even if I do have spotting.
But I don't think I will get the dreaded spotting this time. I think the pregnancy has caused what I think was endometriosis to 'dry up' and so now my periods start properly as they should with normal bleeding.
Anyway, I wish it was next Monday so we could find out the result and move on accordingly. I'm primed for a negative and feeling optimistic about starting another cycle straight away if that's the case. A positive would of course be brilliant but then we have another 3 week wait until the 7 week ultrasound.
I'm trying to remember what my counsellor from last year advised about the TWW - we don't know what the result will be and so we just shouldn't think about it either way. Easier said than done but I'm in a much better space this time around. I find myself going whole mornings or afternoons without thinking that I might have a baby growing inside me. That would have been inconceivable last time around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment