That girl's ticker

baby growth

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 30, 10 days post-transfer - 1 day to go

Tomorrow we will know if this cycle has worked or not. I'm feeling happy that the 11 day wait is almost over but I'm also anxious to just get it over and done with.

Physically I feel fine. No pregnancy symptoms to speak of, but that doesn't worry me. And no spotting or bleeding whatsoever. This is the first time we've had an IVF cycle where I haven't spotted and also the first one where we've actually made it to the 11 day test day. Every other time, the test has been done early because I was spotting and thought it was all over.

So this will be the first time that we are going into the test genuinely not knowing what the result will be. Of course last time, we thought it was negative for sure and it turned out it was positive. But this time, it really could go either way.

And I have managed not to do a home pregnancy test. In truth I'm too scared to do it. I worry that it might be a false negative and I'll feel sad for no reason. That's my main reason for not doing one.

I'm also thinking that if the phone call tomorrow comes from Dr D, then its positive and if it comes from the nurses, its negative. But actually that might not be how it works. Maybe Dr D only calls patients with results when she has time.

So roll on tomorrow morning so I can just get it over with. At least they seem to call through the results faster these days. It used to be around 1-2pm but now they usually call around 10.30am or a bit later, so I will be put out of my misery quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck for tomorrow