That girl's ticker

baby growth

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Moving on

I'm feeling ok about the failure of our first frozen cycle, second time around. It has made me realise that we don't have a very good chance of having another baby. I always knew this but the failure of this cycle has brought it home to me.

LH reckons we've got a 50/50 chance of getting a baby from our remaining embryos. Ever the analytical one, he worked this out from the fact that we got one baby from 6 embryos and therefore we have a 50% chance of getting another baby from 3 embryos.

I did momentarily think last night about putting back the remaining two embryos at the same time next cycle but it would just be rushing things needlessly. I'm really not sure if we will do another stimulated cycle if all three of our embryos don't take. I may be tempted to do just one more and then draw a line under IVF by the end of this year. We'll see how we feel if all three cycles fail.

And life goes on with Zoe. I took her to the doctor this morning because she's come out in a rash around her mouth. It looks awful - little red pustules and I was worried it might be infectious. Turns out it is folliculitis, which is an infection of the skin.

The doctor said it's caused by the amount of dribbling she's been doing. Her chest is also red. Lately she's just been completely soaking herself in dribble, which makes me think a tooth is imminent. I think I can just see a tiny corner of one on the bottom row, so hopefully it will come through soon.

The doctor has prescribed antibiotics to clear it up and also paw paw cream as a barrier to stop the wetness. She wasn't too keen on the antibiotics. I had to squirt 5ml into her mouth and she spat some of it out. She's going to be having it three times a day for the next six days, so I hope she gets used to it.

I'm also glad that what she's got isn't infectious because I was worried she might not be able to go to childcare tomorrow, my first day back at work. Missing my first day at work would not have been a great start to my working mother career. Anyway, hopefully she'll crack this tooth soon and will feel better for it.

No comments: