Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Day 16 - hormones
I think all the hormones swilling around in my body are affecting my mood. I've felt really low all day today, even though I've got good reason to feel positive. All that oestrogen must be having a bad effect on my mood. And my eczema, which I've been battling with for months, has gotten completely out of control today. My hands are just a mass of angry, itchy redness.
I've been telling myself that life will get better and we will be out of this IVF mess some time in the not too distant future. I'm not worried about tomorrow - the stakes aren't as high this time around and I've got a good collection of follicles, but it will be good to get it out of the way.
Now that we've done another stimulated cycle, I'm not very keen to ever do one again. I think no matter what the outcome, we probably won't. If I don't get any or many embryos, there's no reason to think another cycle will fix it. And if I do get a lot of good ones, then several frozen cycles will be enough to endure.
Time does dull the memory of just how hard IVF is. I went into it quite upbeat this time but now we are in the thick of it, I realise yet again just how tough the whole thing is. I hope I've got the resilience to get to our endpoint, whatever that may be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hang in there. You have so many silent supporters sending you lots of good baby vibes:-). Hx
Post a Comment