Tuesday, March 22, 2011
'That's very depressing'
'That's very depressing'. Those were the words of Dr G when I saw him today and told him things didn't look right on my ultrasound yesterday. How does he think I feel??
I went to see him as a follow-up to the latest hysteroscopy. He explained that he had cut down to the smooth muscle of the endometrial lining to remove the retained placenta and was absolutely certain he had removed it all this time.
He seemed particularly concerned when I said the nurse said she could see a bright white patch on the ultrasound. He was aware that it was the nurse doing the scan and not a sonographer, plus she wasn't looking for lining abnormalities, just the thickness.
I asked was it possible its scar tissue but he seemed to think there wouldn't be any scar tissue and it should just look normal. But maybe it just hasn't healed up yet. It was only just three weeks ago I had the surgery.
Anyway, we now have yet another new plan. I am to go for my ultrasound for the IVF cycle on Thursday instead of tomorrow, and it will be done in the ultrasound office, not by the IVF nurses. Dr G is going to come along and have a look while its done. I must say I don't have great hopes everything will be fine. But the woman who did the ultrasound yesterday failed to spot the retained placenta last year, so maybe she has just made a mistake this time as well.
I also ran into Dr D in the clinic as I was picking up some more Gonal-f. She said we can do another biopsy when we do the egg collection to see if there's any placenta left. As far as I'm concerned, I won't be having another embryo transfer until both a biopsy and an ultrasound come up normal.
On a good note, both Dr G and Dr D think I am responding incredibly well this cycle and say that 12 follicles for a 43 year old is really brilliant. So its not all doom and gloom. I just hope we get to use any resulting embryos one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment