That girl's ticker

baby growth

Sunday, March 13, 2011

IVF #3 - all good

This morning I had my first blood test for this third IVF cycle, the first one for 18 months. My baseline hormone levels were all good - E2 was 162, FSH was 5.1 and P4 was 5.8. Its good to know that my FSH levels are still fine. I think over 10 is a problem for IVF, but I guess I already knew my ovarian reserve was pretty good from the ultrasounds.

So tonight I will start with my Lucrin injections and then tomorrow also with 300 units of Gonal-F. The FSH I'm taking is much higher than before. Last time I started out on 200 units but I guess they are assuming I need more to get my ovaries going this time.

It will be weird injecting myself again. For me, that part wasn't really a problem and certainly not the worst part of doing IVF. Next blood test is on Thursday to see how things are going. Projecting ahead, it looks as though I won't be having egg collection on a work day, which is great. I feel like I've already had so much time off because of medical things, so its good it won't interfere this cycle at least.

No comments: