Friday, March 18, 2011
Two years does make a difference
Yesterday I had my Day 3 FSH blood test. It was actually Day 4 of FSH since I started a day early. E2 was 1053, P4 was 15.8 and LH was 6.6.
At the same stage of my first IVF cycle, E2 was 513, although that would have been with only two doses of FSH at 200 units, compared with four doses of 300 units now. The P4 and LH are above what they were in my first cycle. I guess its harder for the Lucrin to down-regulate them now that I'm older. Or maybe its because I only started Lucrin on Sunday.
Anyway, apparently all is fine. The nurse first told me I needed to come in for a BT and ultrasound on Saturday but she then called back to say Monday would be fine. I am to continue on the 300 units of Gonal-f. That's the maximum dose anyone can have in a day and I suppose they think it will be fine for a 43 year old.
I'm feeling fine with no real side effects, apart from being a bit tired and very thirsty. I am pretty relaxed about this cycle, and work has been so busy that I haven't been thinking about it much at all. Just keeping the expectations nice and low. But I am looking forward to seeing what my follicles look like on Monday. It will also be good to see if my endometrial lining looks more normal after the latest bout of hysteroscopic surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment