Saturday, March 26, 2011
Getting there slowly
This morning I had my third ultrasound for this cycle. I'm up to Day 13 and still stimming with 300 units of FSH a day. I had expected to be almost ready to trigger tonight for an egg pick-up on Monday.
But I'm still not quite there yet. My next ultrasound is on Monday, and they expect that to be the trigger day as well. That means an egg pick-up on Wednesday, which of course is a work day.
After the run-in with my line manager last week about taking time off for doctors appointments, this isn't great news. I've decided to use Zoe as an excuse and say she's got a temperature and I can't take her to childcare. That will mean I can say I'll work at home and I can still get work done, and I can't get the blame for yet more time off work. It shouldn't be necessary to be constructing stories around all this but I really don't think I should be compelled to tell my employers what is going on. Its none of their business and I just want to keep it quiet. Plus at least we don't have to worry about who will babysit Zoe.
Anyway, despite feeling a bit stressed about the work stuff, I am actually progressing pretty well with this cycle, if a bit slow.
My E2 is 11500, P4 at 6 and LH at 3. Its about the same level I was at with my first IVF cycle back in 2008, but on Day 11 instead of Day 13.
The follicles are looking good too. The large ones haven't grown much but the small ones have made up a lot of ground. This is what I've got:
Left side: 20mm, 3x 15mm,2x 12mm, 6mm; Right side: 2x 17mm, 14mm, 9mm and 6mm. So by my reckoning, we should get about eight or nine mature eggs with any luck. Its a fantastic result for a 43 year old I think, and hopefully will give us some nice embryos.
The lining was measured at 6mm, which is better than the other day but she did measure it over the area where the wound is from the hysteroscopy. I told her about it but she measured that area anyway, so I'm not sure it is right but it doesn't really matter for this cycle anyway.
So hopefully only another three days of injections to go.
But I'm still not quite there yet. My next ultrasound is on Monday, and they expect that to be the trigger day as well. That means an egg pick-up on Wednesday, which of course is a work day.
After the run-in with my line manager last week about taking time off for doctors appointments, this isn't great news. I've decided to use Zoe as an excuse and say she's got a temperature and I can't take her to childcare. That will mean I can say I'll work at home and I can still get work done, and I can't get the blame for yet more time off work. It shouldn't be necessary to be constructing stories around all this but I really don't think I should be compelled to tell my employers what is going on. Its none of their business and I just want to keep it quiet. Plus at least we don't have to worry about who will babysit Zoe.
Anyway, despite feeling a bit stressed about the work stuff, I am actually progressing pretty well with this cycle, if a bit slow.
My E2 is 11500, P4 at 6 and LH at 3. Its about the same level I was at with my first IVF cycle back in 2008, but on Day 11 instead of Day 13.
The follicles are looking good too. The large ones haven't grown much but the small ones have made up a lot of ground. This is what I've got:
Left side: 20mm, 3x 15mm,2x 12mm, 6mm; Right side: 2x 17mm, 14mm, 9mm and 6mm. So by my reckoning, we should get about eight or nine mature eggs with any luck. Its a fantastic result for a 43 year old I think, and hopefully will give us some nice embryos.
The lining was measured at 6mm, which is better than the other day but she did measure it over the area where the wound is from the hysteroscopy. I told her about it but she measured that area anyway, so I'm not sure it is right but it doesn't really matter for this cycle anyway.
So hopefully only another three days of injections to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment