That girl's ticker

baby growth

Saturday, March 21, 2009

5.5 weeks - spotting...but all ok

Today has been a long day. I've been spotting since last Wednesday and it has appeared to get heavier, although still 'old' and no cramping. So I had a blood test this morning and it was a very frustrating and nerve-wracking wait until 5 pm to get the results.

Anyway, they are just fine. bhCG is 8682 and P4 has gone up again to 84. Wonderful. It is such a weight off my mind and makes the spotting easier to bear. Once again I managed to convince myself it was all over last night because the spotting just wouldn't stop. Me and Lovely Husband both trawled the internet looking for reasons, but there really is no answer.

It could mean the start of a miscarriage or it could mean I'm carrying twins. Who knows? Just have to put it out of my head.

We are once again back into positive mode and thinking about where we will go for our last baby-free holiday (fingers crossed) in August. It will be our 1 year anniversary and it will be nice to have one last luxury holiday. Perhaps we should go to a child-free resort while we still can :-)

Lovely husband is just so happy about the pregnancy, which makes me happy too. He is really keen to tell people and is having a hard time restraining himself from telling the world. It's great to see.

No comments: