Monday, March 2, 2009
Day 24 frozen cycle - another roll of the dice
In trying not to be overly positive that this cycle will work, or overly negative that it definitely won't, I am trying to focus on the 'we don't know the answer until the pregnancy test' strategy. It goes like this.
We need to keep rolling the metaphorical IVF dice until we roll a '6'. Sixes don't come up that often but if we persist, eventually we will probably roll a 6. Its a good metaphor because 1 in 6 is roughly our chances of success each cycle. As lovely husband says, we've rolled the dice again but at the moment, its in a sealed box. We can't see which number came up until March 12th. The dice may or may not still be rolling at this point, but without being able to see into the box, we just don't know.
This is what I think every time I find myself wandering into positive or negative territory. Its kind of working but we will see how it goes as we get to the business end of the TWW.
I am also trying to keep in mind all of the other things that apply to each cycle. Symptoms don't mean there's a baby growing any more than they mean there is not. That's such a tough one to live with. I am trying hard not to analyse every sign of a possible symptom but it's really hard. I had a tiny amount of old blood spotting today but it's just the remains of the blood from the transfer yesterday, which was really minimal.
Anyway, day 1 of the 11 day wait is almost over. Only 10 more to go. :-)
We need to keep rolling the metaphorical IVF dice until we roll a '6'. Sixes don't come up that often but if we persist, eventually we will probably roll a 6. Its a good metaphor because 1 in 6 is roughly our chances of success each cycle. As lovely husband says, we've rolled the dice again but at the moment, its in a sealed box. We can't see which number came up until March 12th. The dice may or may not still be rolling at this point, but without being able to see into the box, we just don't know.
This is what I think every time I find myself wandering into positive or negative territory. Its kind of working but we will see how it goes as we get to the business end of the TWW.
I am also trying to keep in mind all of the other things that apply to each cycle. Symptoms don't mean there's a baby growing any more than they mean there is not. That's such a tough one to live with. I am trying hard not to analyse every sign of a possible symptom but it's really hard. I had a tiny amount of old blood spotting today but it's just the remains of the blood from the transfer yesterday, which was really minimal.
Anyway, day 1 of the 11 day wait is almost over. Only 10 more to go. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment