Saturday, March 28, 2009
6 and a half weeks and gaining confidence
We've passed the 6.5 weeks mark today. I am slowly but surely getting more and more confident that this pregnancy is fine and we'll have a baby at the end of it.
I still have virtually no pregnancy symptoms but I'm finding it less worrying. So far all I have had is:
- Sore breasts (not very, and it comes and goes)
- Extra peeing (again, not all the time and not every night)
- A bit tired (but really no different to just having a busy week)
- A bit hungry (but I love eating so hard to tell if its any different to normal)
- The old ligtht cramping/streching in the uterus
Perhaps the nausea and so on is still coming.
The spotting is still going but yesterday I think it started to ease off a bit and looks like it might be a bit slower today as well. Its a light beige colour and, amazingly enough, I'm getting used to it being there. Definitely no red fresh stuff and no cramps with it either.
I am taking heart from the very good hCG levels, which started off nice and high and have so far risen exactly as they should. I have another BT on Wednesday, and then first ultrasound next Friday.
Lovely husband is fairly convinced we are having twins because of the high hCG at the start and the spotting. I'm not so convinced but perhaps he's right.
I've been starting to think about all sorts of things like maternity clothes, baby slings and prams! I am trying to just really enjoy this first trimester so that I don't look back on it as a time of worry and stress. Its also a nice time when no-one else knows and I'm not being bombarded with advice from all sides.
So, all-in-all, I'm in a pretty good space at the moment.
I still have virtually no pregnancy symptoms but I'm finding it less worrying. So far all I have had is:
- Sore breasts (not very, and it comes and goes)
- Extra peeing (again, not all the time and not every night)
- A bit tired (but really no different to just having a busy week)
- A bit hungry (but I love eating so hard to tell if its any different to normal)
- The old ligtht cramping/streching in the uterus
Perhaps the nausea and so on is still coming.
The spotting is still going but yesterday I think it started to ease off a bit and looks like it might be a bit slower today as well. Its a light beige colour and, amazingly enough, I'm getting used to it being there. Definitely no red fresh stuff and no cramps with it either.
I am taking heart from the very good hCG levels, which started off nice and high and have so far risen exactly as they should. I have another BT on Wednesday, and then first ultrasound next Friday.
Lovely husband is fairly convinced we are having twins because of the high hCG at the start and the spotting. I'm not so convinced but perhaps he's right.
I've been starting to think about all sorts of things like maternity clothes, baby slings and prams! I am trying to just really enjoy this first trimester so that I don't look back on it as a time of worry and stress. Its also a nice time when no-one else knows and I'm not being bombarded with advice from all sides.
So, all-in-all, I'm in a pretty good space at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment