Wednesday, March 25, 2009
6 weeks and all A-OK
We reached the 6 weeks milestone yesterday. The last two weeks feel more like two months. I am still so early in the pregnancy but it feels like we have been creeping along forever.
I had a bit of a 'down' day yesterday. The spotting is still very persistently continuing. No heavier, no lighter, no red and no cramps, just THERE. I wish it would stop because I find it so hard to ignore and it just seems such a negative symptom.
BUT, I had my 4th beta today and it is all still looking good. It was 20680 and P4 was 74.3. The rate of increase has slowed a bit, which it should do after 5 weeks. The doubling time is now down to 3.2 days. I found this very nifty site with a calculator to measure the doubling time: http://www.obfocus.com/calculators/betahCG.htm.
I've also been looking at what beta's mean and one study shows that if the first one is over 100, you have a much better chance of having a live birth.
Anyway, all of this is very heartening in the face of the damned spotting. Last night I was talking to Lovely Husband on the phone and just wishing that my life wasn't one long stretch of anxiety. I know it is within my power to control it, but its very hard when your only early pregnancy symptom is spotting. He pointed out that once we see a heart beat on the 7 week scan, that worry will just be replaced by another one, and so on until the child/children are born and then more anxiety.
He is right of course but he didn't mean it in a negative way. What he meant was that I shouldn't let every little thing bring me down because there will always be something else to fret over. I just need to get myself into a better mental space so I can deal with it. Might be time for another trip to the councellor I think.
Anyway, 6 weeks and one day - hurrah for that!
I had a bit of a 'down' day yesterday. The spotting is still very persistently continuing. No heavier, no lighter, no red and no cramps, just THERE. I wish it would stop because I find it so hard to ignore and it just seems such a negative symptom.
BUT, I had my 4th beta today and it is all still looking good. It was 20680 and P4 was 74.3. The rate of increase has slowed a bit, which it should do after 5 weeks. The doubling time is now down to 3.2 days. I found this very nifty site with a calculator to measure the doubling time: http://www.obfocus.com/calculators/betahCG.htm.
I've also been looking at what beta's mean and one study shows that if the first one is over 100, you have a much better chance of having a live birth.
Anyway, all of this is very heartening in the face of the damned spotting. Last night I was talking to Lovely Husband on the phone and just wishing that my life wasn't one long stretch of anxiety. I know it is within my power to control it, but its very hard when your only early pregnancy symptom is spotting. He pointed out that once we see a heart beat on the 7 week scan, that worry will just be replaced by another one, and so on until the child/children are born and then more anxiety.
He is right of course but he didn't mean it in a negative way. What he meant was that I shouldn't let every little thing bring me down because there will always be something else to fret over. I just need to get myself into a better mental space so I can deal with it. Might be time for another trip to the councellor I think.
Anyway, 6 weeks and one day - hurrah for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment