Thursday, March 12, 2009
How does it feel to be pregnant?
Well, pretty weird actually. Mainly because I just simply don't feel any different at all. I think I will be quite reassured once I start to feel symptoms.
The very light spotting has stopped and I think this is because (TMI warning) I'm not pushing the progesterone pessary in as far. I suspect the spotting was probably the pessary aggravating my cervix. Perhaps there's some old blood left over from the transfer. I'll be taking the last pessary tonight.
Anyway, I think I might be experiencing some twinges around the sides of my breasts and under my arms, which could be the first signs of breast soreness, but I could easily be imagining it too.
I keep wondering if the embryo/s have stopped growing but the hormones are still being pumped out. I don't suppose this feeling will completely go away until we have the 7 week ultrasound.
Dr D has sent me an ultrasound order today and also a list of obstetricians practicing at our local hospital. Even though it seems way too early to be thinking about these things, apparently its really important to book an obstetrician because of the baby boom going on in Aust at the moment. I guess its easy to cancel the appointment if I miscarry.
We are also starting to think about where to give birth (birthing centre, public or private hospital). We just haven't given any thought to this kind of thing because we never knew if we would ever get to it.
The over-riding emotion I have at the moment though, is excitement. I'm excited about watching my body change and experiencing pregnancy. Perhaps I will hate it but right now, it all seems very exciting.
We aren't painting the nursery yet though. It feels like we've exchanged one two week wait for another three week wait to the first ultrasound.
Still, I am now 4 weeks and two days pregnant. Only another 22 days of this wait to go!!
The very light spotting has stopped and I think this is because (TMI warning) I'm not pushing the progesterone pessary in as far. I suspect the spotting was probably the pessary aggravating my cervix. Perhaps there's some old blood left over from the transfer. I'll be taking the last pessary tonight.
Anyway, I think I might be experiencing some twinges around the sides of my breasts and under my arms, which could be the first signs of breast soreness, but I could easily be imagining it too.
I keep wondering if the embryo/s have stopped growing but the hormones are still being pumped out. I don't suppose this feeling will completely go away until we have the 7 week ultrasound.
Dr D has sent me an ultrasound order today and also a list of obstetricians practicing at our local hospital. Even though it seems way too early to be thinking about these things, apparently its really important to book an obstetrician because of the baby boom going on in Aust at the moment. I guess its easy to cancel the appointment if I miscarry.
We are also starting to think about where to give birth (birthing centre, public or private hospital). We just haven't given any thought to this kind of thing because we never knew if we would ever get to it.
The over-riding emotion I have at the moment though, is excitement. I'm excited about watching my body change and experiencing pregnancy. Perhaps I will hate it but right now, it all seems very exciting.
We aren't painting the nursery yet though. It feels like we've exchanged one two week wait for another three week wait to the first ultrasound.
Still, I am now 4 weeks and two days pregnant. Only another 22 days of this wait to go!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations on your wonderful BFP!!! I am so happy for you :)
Post a Comment