That girl's ticker

baby growth

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The elusive 'sleeping through'

Last night, for the first time, I didn't feed Zoe during the night. Is this the start of something???

She went to bed at 7pm as usual and the plan was to set an alarm for 1am and feed her then. I've been trying to slowly bring back her night time feed to before midnight, so it is more of a dream feed.

Anyway, I turned off the alarm and instead of getting up, I was so tired I just fell asleep again. At 2.45am, I heard her make a sound and was getting ready to haul myself out of bed to feed her, when I thought that perhaps I'd wait and see if she would make more of a fuss. Anyway, I didn't hear any more from her and she must have fallen asleep. At least that's what I think happened, I fell asleep too.

I heard a small noise from her again at 5am and then at 6.30am, by which time it was really time to feed her again. I daren't hope this is what I think it is. I know she is well capable of screaming if she really wants something, so I'm not worried I'm ignoring her unnecessarily.

Anyway, we will try again tonight and see what happens. But the possibility that the interrupted nights might be at an end is just so tantalising. At 4 months, its probably about time.

If she keeps it up, I'll need to increase the volume in her daytime bottles. She's having 180 ml x 5 at the moment, and that will need to go up if she's down to four feeds a day. I don't think its time for solids yet, and my plan is to launch into them at about 5.5 months.

As for the breastfeeding, we may well be down to two feeds a day morning and night before too long. That's fine and hopefully AF will show again soon and then we can be on our way with IVF #2.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Zoe sleep through again?

I have a 4-month old boy who is a long way off sleeping through the night, so I love to hear other Mums' success stories :)

That girl said...

Hi there, Yes, she has slept through two nights in a row now, after giving her a dream feed at 10.30pm. She wakes about 5am and then again about 6.30am but doesn't much noise. I think we've done it!

Anonymous said...

Yaay!!! :)