That girl's ticker

baby growth

Friday, July 2, 2010

And Zoe's first 'words' are....

...mum, mum, mum (and also bub, bub, bub). It was just delightful to hear her saying Mum, but of course she doesn't have any concept of what it means. Its just a new sound that she's learned to wrap her mouth around. Still, it means she's getting better with the sounds and on her way to talking.

Its been a good week, apart from the fact that its shivery-cold. Our new house, as predicted, is freezing. We've invested in electric heaters for each room, which is working with varying degrees of success. Zoe's room is nice and warm because it's small, but the kitchen and family room are freezing. Plus the heater in there keeps tripping the fuse because it is overloaded. We've decided to get an electrician to put in a new circuit for the heater because I'm tired of having to turn it off every time I want to boil the kettle or use the microwave.

Anyway, we've managed to get out and about a bit this week. On Monday I took Zoe to a creche at a gym so I could try out their pilates class. I don't think Zoe even noticed I was gone, she was that excited about all the new toys to play with. She's really at an age now where she gets bored if we spend too much time hanging around the house.

She did manage to disgrace herself though. The carer said she had vomited and I resisted saying 'So what else is new?' but apparently she then decided to lick it up!!!! Eeewww. What a grubby little thing she is. I just couldn't help but laugh :-)

1 comment:

ETOGA WEBSOLUTIONS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.