That girl's ticker

baby growth

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 21 frozen cycle #2 cancelled

This morning Dr D finally decided its all over for us and cancelled the cycle. My oestrogen levels were 350 or thereabouts, so just not doing what they should.

I feel strangely relieved because things just weren't going to plan and I'm glad we are not going to waste any of our precious embryos.

So the plan is that I will take the pill (Provera) for 10 days, then have a bleed and start on daily oestrogen tablets so that I can do a medicated frozen cycle. I would have liked it to be natural as for the one that gave us Zoe, but its not to be. I guess my body just isn't back to normal yet after the pregnancy.

I need to wait a few days before getting started so that I will be back from holidays by the time the first blood test is due. It will be better going away now knowing that we are not in the middle of a cycle and wondering what the result will be. I will be back at work though by the time we start, so that's less convenient but we've got a good system going now with the visits to the clinic in the early morning and I'm sure we can cope.

Its just so much easier this time around. I felt perfectly fine when the nurse gave me the news that we've been cancelled this time. Last time, it would have really thrown me and made me sad. Just knowing that we have Zoe means it is all so much easier to deal with failures. I really feel for all those people out there who are going through this for the first time. I know only too well the emotional investment that goes into every cycle.

No comments: