That girl's ticker

baby growth

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 12 frozen cycle #2 - slowly, slowly

This morning I had my second blood test for this cycle, and first ultrasound. LH had a work phone call at 7.30am so we got in there super early. I was in the building at 6.45am. Even so, I was 6th in line in the foyer when the receptionist came down with the log sheet for us. Unfortunately I wasn't out by 7.30am so LH had to call work and say he would be late.

They have changed the system for ultrasounds at the clinic since we were there last year. Now the U/S happen in the same area as the blood tests, so no need to go upstairs. But there's no flat screen on the wall to see what's going on. The sonographer just looks at the computer beside the bed so I couldn't actually see what my ovaries and uterus looked like.

Anyway, I had 10 follicles on the right, and 6 on the left with the lead being about 8mm. Not very different to the same stage last frozen cycle, so its encouraging to know that I've still got plenty of follicles left, should we decide to go for another stimulated cycle if these frozen ones don't work.

But the worrying thing was the endometrial lining. It was 24mm - huge, compared with the 4mm last time. I think my lining never got above 9mm in all my cycles last year, so 24mm was just really thick.

I spent the morning worrying about whether it would mean the cycle is cancelled but the nurse reassured me that Dr D is happy with it. They will keep an eye on it though to check what it looks like before transfer. The nurse said its just 'nice and cushy', which I guess is a good thing.

The cycle is progressing slowly though - E2 is 354, P4 is 3.3 and LH is 5.1. The nurse said ovulation usually occurs once oestrogen goes above 1000. She estimated I was about 5 days away from ovulation. That would put it on about Day 17, which is very similar to last year before pregnancy, but not what I was expecting based on the last two cycles.

Anyway, we will see what's happening soon enough. My next blood test is on Wednesday. Hopefully things will be getting closer then.

No comments: