Friday, July 23, 2010
Day 16 frozen cycle #2 - hanging in there
After my weird blood results on Wednesday, Dr D said she couldn't really explain it but that ovaries sometimes 'misbehave'. She said if I didn't ovulate this cycle, then we would cancel it, she would put me on the pill to induce a bleed and then we'd do a medicated frozen cycle.
This was pretty disappointing but I tried very hard to reserve judgement until this morning when I had another blood test and ultrasound.
This time my oestrogen had gone back up again to 271 with LH at 5.8. The ultrasound showed the endometrium was similar to Monday - about 21mm and there were 10 and 6 follicles on the right and left sides. The largest follicle was about 9mm so there had been some growth since Monday, but not much.
The nurse left me a message to say that Dr D has decided to ignore the low oestrogen reading on Wednesday and carry on. The small follicles mean I'm not near ovulation yet so the plan is to have another blood test on Monday (Day 19).
After all this, I'm starting to feel optimistic again after thinking it was all over for this cycle. I'm not too down - after all, its not as though we've got less embryos, or we've got a BFN, it just means a potential delay. All the same, it is a bit disappointing.
But my last frozen cycle I didn't ovulate until Day 17 so I shouldn't be surprise I guess. It was just really disconcerting to see the oestrogen level drop so suddenly. Who knows what it means?
We are now getting close to when we go on holiday, but we should still be ok for transfer but if this cycle does go ahead, we will definitely miss the pregnancy test and I'll need to pee on a stick while we are away. That wasn't part of the plan but I'm sure we can deal with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment