Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Day 14 frozen cycle #2 - what's going on??
Today I had the third blood test of this cycle and the results seem to me to be very confusing. My oestrogen levels were 86, after being 354 on Monday. Why are they going down??? LH was 9.3, going up, and progesterone was 4.2 - not high enough to signal ovulation had happened.
So why have the oestrogen levels dropped? At first I thought it was a mistake and the nurse meant to say 860. But she assured me it was correct and Dr D knows about it. So the plan is to have another blood test and ultrasound on Friday.
I'm trying really hard not to worry about this but it just doesn't seem right. Together with the very thick endometrial lining, it just doesn't add up. Hopefully everything will be ok and I will ovulate in the next few days and the cycle won't be cancelled.
After all, I didn't ovulate until Day 17 on the frozen cycle that resulted in Zoe, so its too soon to think all is lost. It serves me right for asking what my hormone levels are. If I didn't, I wouldn't be sitting here wondering what's going on. But I've got a feeling the next two days are going to go quite slowly. Its amazing how quickly I've got sucked back into the stressing and analysing everything. I just need to relax and let nature take its course and trust that my body will do what it needs to.
As for Zoe, she's at last learned to crawl. Not very far and not very often, but she can definitely do it. Its better if she's got a bit of incentive - putting something she wants out of her reach so she has to crawl over to it. Its lovely to see her take the next big developmental leap.
It also means I have to be a lot more careful. This morning she pulled the plug for the radio out of the power point before I realised what she was up to. Much more vigilance needed from now on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment