That girl's ticker

baby growth

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Other things to think about...

...apart from this frozen cycle. Its amazing how relaxed and unobsessive I am about it. I was just looking back at my posts at this stage of the first frozen cycle and I was so negative about our chances.

What a different space I am in today! All the other things going on have crowded out thinking about this cycle. I am freelancing again, in preparation for returning to work and there's various stresses around it that I could do without. I'm also feeling that this lovely hiatus of not working for nearly a year is about to end, so I'd better enjoy it while I can.

And yet again Zoe seems to be in the throes of yet another cold. I swear they all just merge into each other. She's been coughing and sneezing a lot and has got a really runny nose. Last night she woke herself up coughing. I went in and changed her nappy and gave her a cuddle but she couldn't settle. Then LH went in and she started coughing and then projectile vomited all over him! The odds of it happening to him and not me are so low but that's what happened. I was worried she had a gastro bug but nothing more happened so I think it was just caused by the coughing fit.

I tried to give her extra water last night but of course she barely drank it. My efforts to get her to drink water so far have come to nil. Maybe she will get the hang of it when she has less milk each day.

Anyway, what with the dreary weather, Zoe's cold and the work stresses, its been a low day. Roll on August holiday in England.

No comments: