Friday, July 16, 2010
Frostie cycle #2 - first blood test
This morning I had my first blood test for this cycle. We managed the logistics pretty well. All three of us left the house at 6.45am and drove into the city. We parked and LH stayed in the car and fed Zoe while I went in for the test. I was in an out within 15 mins and then LH went off to work and Zoe and I drove back home.
It was weird going back in there again. I haven't set foot in the IVF clinic since March last year. They were amazingly efficient this morning - I got the call from the nurse at 10am with my results.
I didn't ask for hormone levels, she just said I am a way off ovulation yet (no surprise there) and so the next step is an ultrasound and blood test on Monday. It will be really interesting to see what my ovaries look like 18 months down the track. I wonder if the anthral follicle count will be much lower now I am a bit older. In any case, all we need is for me to be developing a nice endometrial lining.
So all good so far. I still feel very calm and collected about it all. I'm sure it will get harder once we get closer to transfer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment