Thursday, July 8, 2010
Frozen cycle #2 starts for baby #2
Hurrah....my period started today, so we are off and running in our second frozen cycle to hopefully conceive our second child.
I'm so pleased we can get started at last. It was beginning to look as though we would have to delay until September because we go away on August 6th and that might have been too late for the transfer in this cycle.
I had a chat with LH about whether we should go ahead if it turns out we haven't had the pregnancy test before we go on holidays. He said it was up to me and he would be fine with either decision.
I'm just too eager to get started so we've jumped in anyway. If I happen to ovulate around Day 14 of the cycle, we should be able to do the pregnancy test on the morning we leave for the UK, so that will be fine.
Otherwise, I could do the test a day or two early, or of course resort to a home pregnancy test, which is fine as long as I leave it enough days to be sure of the result.
I asked the nurse at our IVF clinic was it ok not to be around for the pregnancy test and she said it was fine. She suggested I could get a blood test in the UK if I really wanted to. I told her I thought that if the test was negative I would get my period before then anyway, but she rightly pointed out that the progesterone pessaries would prevent it from coming on so that isn't going to work.
Anyway, we'll see how things pan out. I am due for my first blood test next Friday to see how things are looking. I'm optimistic that I will ovulate around Day 14 because I've had a 27 day and now a 29 day cycle - just perfect. I can't believe that post-pregnancy I've now got a textbook cycle. No more spotting and no more long, long cycles!!
I am so happy to be on the way again and not doing a very good job of tempering my enthusiasm. Our embryos might not thaw well, or just might not be viable but its all so much easier with less emotional investment second time around.
We've got our gorgeous Zoe so if things don't work out, its not the end of the world. And talking of Zoe, she's now nearly over head cold number 3 and doing well. She's getting more proficient at backwards 'crawling', if you can call it that and can now move all around the family room.
And we visited a nice childcare centre this morning, which just might have a place for her when I go back to work, so it really has been a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment