That girl's ticker

baby growth

Monday, June 6, 2011

Looks like I was right

I had another blood test this morning and my oestrogen levels are up to 600. The doctor (not Dr D, who is on holidays) has concluded that I might have an ovarian cyst growing that is producing oestrogen.

I'm patting myself on the back for reaching this conclusion already but I'm not too happy about the next steps. They want me to come in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning to check to see if in fact there is a cyst growing. I said I would need to bring Zoe, which the nurse wasn't too pleased about. So I've called LH to see if he can come back from Melbourne so he can look after Zoe while I get the ultrasound and bloods done.

Apparently if there is a cyst growing, they will keep monitoring me to see if it ovulates itself and then let nature take its course and wait for AF to come. If it doesn't ovulate itself, I may need a trigger injection to make that happen.

So either way, we are looking at a delay of up to 14 days. I guess I was expecting to be put on birth control pills for about that long, so maybe its not such a difference anyway. And now I know its probably my stupid ovaries causing the problem, and not an endometrial issue, I'm less worried. But the chances of getting another frozen cycle in before we go overseas on July 29 are slipping further and further away.

I need to start my period no later than the end of June to manage that. I guess that's three weeks away so hopefully even I can manage that. It will be the longest cycle on record though - I'm at 46 days already. I also wish Dr D was around so I could just call her and have a chat about it. Hard to believe that there's yet more delays on top of the almost 10 months of delays I've already gone through :-(

No comments: