Wednesday, June 8, 2011
More pessimism
I'm trying really hard to be positive about this unexpected imminent embryo transfer but we've had so many things go wrong over the last year that my mindset is stuck in failure.
The first hurdle we have to overcome is evidence on the Saturday blood test that I have in fact ovulated. Even though all the hormones are absolutely spot on, I can't help but wondering if everything is ok. I can still feel a slight pressure around my right ovary as if there is a cyst growing, even though the ultrasound showed the follicle was a normal size. I haven't felt this kind of discomfort before so its hard to know what's going on.
Today the nurse called to ask how many embryos we want to transfer. I told her one, and she asked did we want them to keep thawing until they get a good one. There's no other option for us so that is what they will do. I am trying to mentally prepare for neither of the two remaining embryos to survive the thaw so that it doesn't hit me too hard if that actually happens.
Its very unlikely that they will both fail to thaw - the clinic quotes a rate of about 10% failing to survive thawing. Let's hope these two little embies are in the 90% that are fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am hoping this is IT for you and that those embies thaw out perfectly! I am having my next FET on the 21st, so I'll be right behind you!
Nice blog!!!
Post a Comment